COVID-19: MEGA’s Response
Health Protection measures for our employees
From the first day of the COVID-19 pandemic, MEGA has supported the society, consumers and its employees.
The health and safety of our employees has been top priority for the company.
In order to protect the health of all our employees, we adopted the following safety measures since the outbreak of the pandemic:
- Mandatory use of mask in all workspaces – in-house production and quality control by external lab, on a monthly basis.
- Regular performance of rapid and molecular PCR tests on employees on a weekly basis, at the cost of the company.
- Awareness campaigns to inform employees about the risks, symptoms of COVID-19 virus, as well as the protection measures taken by the company.
- Installation to fully support online meetings equipment to avoid meetings in person.
- Daily thermometry of all employees upon entering the company’s premises.
- Strict social distance Policy between employees.
- Installation of plexiglass dividers in the working spaces and application of teleworking.
- Regular disinfection in our premises and in the buses transporting the employees.
- Special arrangements for employees with pre-existing conditions.
- Availability of a special company bus in order to prevent employees from commuting on public transport.
- Application of rolling lunch breaks with few people and creation of individual smoking areas.
- Disposal of disinfectants in all working spaces and usage of wipes on doorhandles.
- Regular disinfection in internal working spaces.
Support to communities, humanitarian organizations and the National Health System
MEGA has contributed actively to the fight against the unprecedented health crisis.
The company has made a dynamic contribution to the effort to strengthen the National Health System, while continuing to be close to vulnerable social groups and consumers.
Indicatively, during the pandemic period, the following support actions were carried out:
1. Donation of 20 hospital beds for Intensive Care Units.
2. Donation of Medical Equipment for the new Intensive Care Units needs in Tzanio Hospital.
3. Donation of 5.000 PCR Tests to Thriasio Hospital.
4. Donation of 200.000 MEGA surgical masks to over 110 Nursing Homes of Attica.
5. Support of the Home Help Program of the Municipality of Athens with a donation of 690,000 personal hygiene products.
6. Donation of surgical masks and antibacterial products in all schools of the Municipality of Acharnes.
7. Support of the new program of the Elderly Friendship Clubs of the Municipality of Athens entitled FRIENDSHIP for the Elderly.
8. Donation of over 4 million personal hygiene products nationwide, in collaboration with Municipalities, Institutions, Nursing Homes, local communities etc.
9. Donation of reagent for the Pasteur Institute.
The effort to defend Public Health has not ended. The needs remain many and immediate. Our company is committed to continue supporting the valuable work of Hospitals and other agencies that remain vigilant for the provision of Public Health services, while at the same time will always stand by vulnerable groups.
Read more : https://megadis.gr/en/megas-covid-19-response/
With responsibility for the consumer
Responding to the increased demand for antibacterial protection imposed by the unprecedented health crisis, MEGA was once again at the first line of defense in the fight against Covid-19.
Combining its special know-how, social sensitivity and unwavering commitment to product safety, the company immediately introduced a range of innovative activities designed to thwart the proliferation of the pandemic.
- We optimized our production processes and invested in new mechanical equipment to produce antiseptic products, with the aim of ensuring adequate coverage of consumers in products necessary for their individual protection.
- We designed a new line of enhanced protection products, with scientifically proven action against bacteria and viruses, including coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
Thanks to the swift and effective efforts of our R&D department, the company designed in Greece a range of new products that were brought to market following a rigid certification and approval process by the relevant competent authorities. These products were:
- Mega enhanced antiseptic hand lotion, with 70% ethyl alcohol, which offers enhanced protection against viruses and germs and proven action, according to European standards EN1276, EN1500, EN1650, EN14476, while it is approved by National Organization for Medicines. Available in practical packaging with spray (100ml) and in economical packaging with pump (500ml).
- Wet antiseptic wipes MEGA enhanced with 70% ethyl alcohol and additional antiseptic agent. With proven action against germs and viruses, including H1N1 and H3N2 flu viruses, but also the new SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. Tested action according to the European standards ΕΝ1276, ΕΝ1500, ΕΝ1650, ΕΝ14476. Approved by the Greek Organization for Medicines.
- Wet antibacterial wipes Wet Hankies Extra Safe. With action against bacteria and viruses (including influenza viruses H1N1, H3N2, etc.), as well as scientifically tested action against coronary SARS-CoV-2. The design of this innovative product facilitates the need for rapid action against the virus, even if the wipe is used for just a few seconds, in order to ensure adequate protection in each use. Thus, the product was designed in such a way that it achieves proven protection against the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus in just one minute.
- Significant investment in new production lines of antiseptic products and surgical masks.
Furthermore, and in order to help the domestic market achieve self-sufficiency in the availability of critical products for the pandemic, the company approved emergency funding in new production lines for antiseptic and other personal protection products. The investments materialised immediately and the new production lines for antiseptic wipes were manned by specially trained personnel and put into operation in record time.
MEGA also invested extensively in surgical mask production lines. As a result, the company ensured an annual output capacity of 200 million masks.
The new production lines and raw materials are of European origin and are produced through a contactless manufacturing process all the way through to product packaging.
The design of MEGA surgical mask was developed in accordance to specifications such as high protection standards and comfortable perspiration which is made possible thanks to the product’s uniquely soft, innovative fabric sides that keep the mask stable, without tiring or irritating the area around the ears.
The innovative design of MEGA surgical masks has rendered the product more distinct and immensely popular with consumers:
- Design with three layers. The intermediate layer is made of special melt blown with electrostatic treatment, which achieves filtration of even the most minuscule of particles, such as those of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
- Dermatologically tested.
- With Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certification, for the absence of harmful substances.
- With unique soft fabric sides that do not irritate and do not tire the area around the ears.
- The only masks available in three sizes (Small – Medium – Large).
- Available in secure packaging.
Throughout the duration of the global health crisis, MEGA has remained vigilant and on high alert in regard to the safety and protection of both its employee and consumers from the risk of virus infection. The company continues its contribution to the national fight against the pandemic as it remains committed to the high-quality standards and safety of its products and at the same time pursues its program of socially responsible targeted activities designed to prevent the spread of the virus.